We like our apartment for the most part, it is a great place to live. Do we love that our neighbors smoke, NO. Do we love that we live surrounded by white trash, NO. Do we love that we have people living on top of our heads that are frequently always noisy, NO. But it is a place to live, once inside it is pretty nice and we have made it into our own. We don't however love handing over our rent every month instead of paying that towards a mortgage, but hey it is a step in life and we understand that! Someday we will have a place that is truly ours and I guess that our apartment experiences will just make us all that more grateful to finally be home owners! However today I am disliking living in an apartment more than others. Our apartment has been "listed" for sale by our land lord since almost the day we moved in. This means that we constantly have people contacting us to see the apartment and it is really annoying. I think that the owner should have to field these calls instead of us but he lives in Salt Lake and somehow the loser of a listing agent that is over our apartment was able to acquire our number and give it out to prospective buyers. That means that we have to answer all their questions about the apartment, we have to answer a million times over that yes wee do live here and no we are not interested in leaving. I hate being nice to people who are coming through my home, trying to buy it to just turn around and up my rent. We got a pretty good deal on our rent when we moved in because this apartment was a ROYAL MESS!!! Seriously we have redone the entire apartment (not on our dime the land lord payed for it) but we put all of the blood sweat and tears into and I feel like because we are about 1 of 5 people that actually take care of their house in our complex that we are getting punished for it because people think that we are under paying for the unit. Yes, it looks nice because I actually attempt to keep a clean house. Yes, it doesn't stink like smoke. No, wee don't have dog crap all over the place and 55 "extra" people staying with us at any given time and because of that we are "under paying" to live in a neighbor hood where almost every other person does those things. Obviously I am on a rant and upset about that the issue but it is frustrating! I don't want to wish away my days but it will be nice when one day we have a little more control over our own lives! I am ready to be out of apartment living, but a mortgage scares me to death! (I am the biggest wimp in the WHOLE entire world universe when it comes to big financial decisions) But it will be nice to someday have a space of our own that I don't constantly have to worry about people trying to swoop in and at the drop of a hat raise our rent or even better (because this is also one of their points of discussion) kick us out because they aren't looking to rent. Awesome. The biggest worrier in the universe now has to be concerned about getting booted out of our apartment weeks before the baby is due. Okay, rant over, I will try to breathe again and pretend like this issue doesn't exist (because that is the only way I stay sane!) and just go about my life as if we are blissfully stable in our current living environment. Done.
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment