October brought with it three, yes three trips up north We knew going into the month that there would be two but we had to add a third for Travis' funeral. Through some hard moments this month we also enjoyed a lot of fun, laughs and memories!
Jason decided that Tag needed some Halloween pj's for the month. The bones even glow in the dark!!
Tag again spent a lot of time at volleyball. Between games and practice this kid has spent many MANY hours in the gym in already! Here he is just chilling with me at one of our games.
We love watching this kid sleep! - My video monitor may be one of my very favorite purchases that we made!
Handsome little man waiting int the airport. Tag and I flew alone up north the first part of October to say goodbye to Courtney before she left on her mission! We missed Jason and wished that he could have come but were glad that we were able to go for a few days! It was a really quick trip, because of volleyball our time was cramped, but we went for 3 days and enjoyed seeing some family!
On the plane.
Tag was a travel champion. He literally didn't make a peep, he fell asleep just before take off, slept for about 30 minutes and then was awake and just happy for the last 20 or so minutes of our short flight.
Happy boy!
I think a lot of people get nervous when they see you board a plane with a baby worrying that they are going to spend their flight listening to a screaming baby! To be completely honest I was a little worried to fly with him the first time as well, especially because I was doing it alone and we didn't have Jason with us. Everyone around us however kept complementing Tag for being such a well behaved little man!! Good job bubba!!
Heather and Brynn were kind enough to come and pick us up from the airport! Our first stop was Grandma and Grandpa Staley's to see the family! This was the first time that Sherrie got to meet Tag. We tried to get a picture of Brynn and Tag together....as you can see it didn't work out so well!
Just hanging at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
After we were finished at the Staleys' we went to Steve and Heather's huse for a few minutes so that we could see Jack! Papa then came and picked us up from there and we headed the rest of the way to Logan!
That evening we had another first- Tag's first football game! We love getting to go support our Aggies! It was a pretty cold day/evening but Tag and I stay bundled all warm and cozy! He did great to sit for such a long game and even took a little nap through all the noise!
That weekend was also conference weekend. We loved getting a chance to relax at Mimi and Papa's and listen to conference. Here are a few pictures of Tag and I watching Saturday conference.
Later that evening we got a chance to see Sandy, Sarah and Melissa! - Melissa was in town for the weekend from California where she is nannying. It was fun to see them!
Sunday morning brought more conference and down time at Mimi and Papa's house!
Happy boy!
Enjoying conference with Papa!!
Monday morning before we flew home Tag and I said goodbye to this lady! Courtney will be an amazing missionary and the Argentine people are lucky to have her!
Hanging at the airport waiting for our flight home.
Once again he was a champ on the flight!
Thumbs up! Tag liked the plane!
Jason was SO excited to see Tag when we got off the plane. It was a cute reunion!
Tag was just as excited to see his Daddy!!
Tag's cute hat that Blake and Katie bought for him!!
Tag and I flew home on a Monday, Mimi and Papa dropped Courtney off at the MTC that Wednesday and then drove straight to St. George to spend a few days with us! While they were here we had another Dig Pink match - this time against Snow Canyon. Here are a few pictures of us in our pink shirts that evening. Tag didn't have pink so we decided that orange for Travis was the next best color choice!
After the game Mimi and Papa headed back home and late that night we found out that Travis had passed away and we immediately rearranged schedules so that we could head up north for the funeral.
Once we got to Logan mom and I gather pictures, books, and more to set up the display for the viewing.
The Johnson family asked that all of the men attending the funeral wear orange ties and the women wear orange necklaces in honor of Trav. Mimi was able to find a mini orange tie for Tag, Jason and I also wore our orange that day to honor such an amazing, inspiring man!
Jason and Tag in their orange at the luncheon after the funeral services.
After the funeral we had a few more days in Logan to relax and be with Mimi and Papa.
Tag and I snuck in an etra nap or two!
We went apple picking with Mimi at the corner house!
Tag just watched from his seat.
Jason was our main apple picker since he could reach a lot higher than the rest of us!
We visited Locker 42 and bought Tag some Aggie apparel!
We fell in love with this mini Aggie hat~ How stinking cute is that!!
All decked out as our #1 mini Aggie fan!
That evening we made apple pie with the apples that we had picked earlier that day!
Jason trying on Tag's hat....it doesn't exactly fit!
Dinner out with Mimi and Papa at the HuHut
Back in St. George we went back to real life of school, work, homework, volleyball and just everyday tasks... we still find time for plenty of play though!
Zonked out at another volleyball game!
Undefeated region champs! Way to go ladies!!
Jason and Tag celebrating our win!
Go thunder!
This lady is a senior! Seriously how fast time flies! Lexi was one of my sophomores when I first started coaching at Desert Hills.
Random pictures from hanging out at home...
I feel like a lot of the pictures I try to take these days end up like this! Tag loves to try and grab my phone from me.
Bath time!!
Crazy how much life can change in a year! Here is a picture of one of Tag's ultrasounds and exactly one year later playing with me at home!
We spent a day with the Bunnell clan at Sherri's house and Tag got to meet Rachelle's little guy Jack finally!
I LOVE how close Lydia and I have always been! No matter what I can talk with her about anything! - Love you lady!!
Cute sleepy boy!
Playing in the excersaucer.
Tag boy at one of our last practices for the season! Such a happy man!!
Playing in bed with Daddy.
Morning chats with Daddy under the covers are the best!
Handsome like Daddy is correct my buddha bellied little man!
More volleyball games!
Tag loves to play with the buckle in his seat!
Birthday cake that I made for one of the teachers that I worked with at Coral Cliffs little girl.
Tag boy got croup towards the end of the month! - No fun!! It was so sad to hear him cough and know that he felt horrible.
We watched a lot of shows on the iPad...
...ran the humidifier all day long....
....and tried to sleep as much as possible.
I had to sleep in Tag room with him for a few nights to help keep him elevated so that he could sleep without waking himself up every few minutes coughing.
....I guess I can thank Jason for all of these "wonderful" sleep pictures that he took of Tag and I .. we were exhausted!!!
We also spent a lot of time in the bathroom with a hot shower running. This is when Tag's curls were officially discovered!
Random picture of Jason getting ready for a presentation for class....this is what the dress code looks like for an online class when giving presentations! haha dress shirt, tie, and basketball shorts!
Headed to the doctor to get Tag's steroid dose to help with his croup.
Even though Tag felt horrible he was still my smiley little man!
Luckily the steroids kicked in fast and he was back to himself in a day or so!
Her is Tag trying solids for one of the first times....yummy carrots!
We then prepared to head to state volleyball! I stayed up late one evening and made Tag his very own mini thunder shirts!
The next morning was Halloween and also the day that we left for state. Tag was the cutest little gnome I have ever seen!
(I'm not sure why these pictures won't turn?)
And then last but not least we headed out that evening for state volleyball!



































































































No comments:
Post a Comment