`

`

Friday, January 24, 2014

November 2013

November 1st and 2nd we were at State volleyball. Tag was the cutest little Thunder fan in the entire world! we had a good weekend! The girls played well, we made it to the championship again this year but unfortunately it wasn't in the cards for a repeat.  I am proud of our girls and everything that they accomplished this year! Our senior this year were my sophomores when I started coaching at Desert Hills so this is a hard group to let go of! I love those girls!! 
Mimi and Papa even joined in on the party and sported some awesome Thunder apparel as well! haha apparently we tuckered them out though! 
Cheesy boy! 
Tag loved the volleyball game...he was not however a fan of me not being in the stand with him and Jason! He could see me all the way acroos the court! - This kid has good eyes! 
Amazing group of girls! 
Jason Tag and I chilling in our hotel room at state! 
I love these boys of mine!! 
Headed home! Tag is such a good traveler! 
Catching some Zzzzz's in the car! 
Finally home! 
Playing with puppy 
Jason favorite pass time...naps with his little buddy! 
Sitting up like a big boy in the shopping cart! 
Playing with dad's phone.
Man I tell you, I know that I am biased but holy smokes this kid is cute!! 
 We had a relief society meeting this month where we shared Holiday traditions, I was in charge of the 4th of July table! Luckily I actually have quite a few 4th of July decorations...I think it turned out pretty cute! 
Sometimes in life you forget that things won't always be the same.  Change will come and things will be different sooner than later...I don't know if it was just because I had always had Grandma in my life or what but somehow it was like I just always invisioned her being there. I was shocked when I got a call early one morning from my dad that Grandma had passed away.  Grandma's house growing up was right through our backyard and I spent million of hours over there playing games and watching tv with her. Not very many people can say that they ever even met their great grandmas and I was privledged enough to not only have met mine but have a real realationship with her.  I was so happy that we had gone to see her when we were up in October and taken a few pictures of Tag with his great-great-grandma! Grandma Hansen is missed but I am so thankful for our knowledge of eternal fanmilies and that I know she is bakc with my grandpa Elmer and Bud and Marie! Because of grandma's passing I had another unplanned trip up north, this time Jason was not able to make it with us because of school, work and scheduling like that he stayed home whle Tag and I flew back to go to Grandmas funeral. Dani and her boys also flew home for the funeral and since we were both coming into town we figured we may as well stay a little bit and se together so the trip was planned and we booked for almost two weeks to be in Logan!
Love you Grandma!! 
This is what your boarding pass looks like when the 6 month old gets ahold of it! Oops!! 

Happy boy on the airplane! 
Travel Champion I tell you! 
We were so excited to see Dani. Dexter and Ezra that as soon as we got to Mimi and Papa's house we had to strip the boys down to their diapers and just look at them haha! It is so fun having these two so close in age but we just wish we could have them together more often!! 
Tag and Ezra spent a lot of time together over the days we were in Logan.  Ezra is used to Dexter roughing him up a little....Tag on the other hand had a bit of a hard time getting used to being "played" with at first haha! I love these two!! 
Look at that face! Sharing is a hard concept for a little guy who isn't used to others being around to play with his toys very often! 
After a long day of travel we facetimed with Jason to say good night and Tag fell asleep sitting up in my arms!! The poor kid was tuckered out! 
Tag and Ezra playing...
My handsome man all dressed up for Grandma's funeral.
Family! - Tag was sleeping in the car! 
Tyler's group...
I apparently didn't get a picture of Lori's group but I did snatch one with this beautiful lady!! 
Back at Mimi and Papa's - Ezra was convinced that Tag's toes looked like a good treat! 
Cute boys! 
Curls! 
Tag had a rough time for the second half of this trip! HE wasn't feeling well and got a terrible diaper rash! 
We still managed to get a few smiles out of him! 
But we did have a few VERY late nights! 
Mom, Dani, Dexter, Ezra, Tag and I went to see the smurfs at the Lewiston theater! I hadn't been out there for a lot of years! 
Back at Mimi and Papa's trying to get him feeling better and get that daiper rash cleared up! 
Handsome little men! 
Trying to get a picture with both of them looking is near impossible! 
We missed Jason A LOT!! Two weeks is way too long to be apart!! 
When we went to clean out grandma's house we started to notice that there were a few things missing! We ended up having to file a police report.  Before leaving for the night to come back and finish clearing stuff out later Dani and I left this note for anyone that decided that they needed to welcome themselves back into Grandma's house while we were gone! 
Snow!! 
Missing our daddy!! 
Playing with Dave, Lindsay, Dean and Layla! That group is always a party!! We loved getting to spend an afternoon chatting with Lindsay! I miss getting to see the family!! 
This kid is such a cheese ball!! 
AHH!! That smile melts my heart!! 
Trying to peek at his two bottom teethe that were trying to break through! 
Tag started doing this face where he would pull his chin down to his chest and make his face loo super fat! We thought it was hilarious and I am pretty sure that he figured out that he was being funny because he kept doing it over and over!! Silly boy!! 
...he knows that he is funny!! 
Jason was finally able to meet up with us in Logan! It was short lived because he was headed fishing with Papa, Mike, Cody and the gang but it was fun to see him for a few minutes!! 
Sharing a blankie! 
Jason had a successful year on the river! He caught  the biggest fish two days in a row!! 
The girls stayed home and played games! 
Pictures of all three of these boys are rare! This is all three of them clean out of the bath and in Pj's ready for bed! 
Then Dani and the boys had to go back home! - Michigan is way too far away!! 
Tag and I dropped Dani and the boys off at the airport and then stopped in Farmington to have lunch with Leisha, Heather and Brynn!! 
Finally we were reunited for good! Here Tag is opening his early christmas present from Grandma Staley - Leisha started an ornament series for Tag, it is cute "Santa's Workshop Toys"   
 Leisha also gave us the Little People Nativity!! 
Smiles!! 
We headed home after a long trip up north! It was almost Thanksgiving time when we got home so I pulled a few of our decorations out! I LOVE these pilgrims that my grandma griffiths painted!! 
Tag at his 6 month check up! (A little late because we were in Logan!) 
Smiles from the Tag man! 
Playing with some toys...
Jason, Tag and I went to the festival of trees again this year! Jason of course found the IHC technology that they had on display this year very fascinating! 
Loving seeing the trees all lit up! 
Jason loved showing Tag all of the lights! 

Love this man!! I fell like it is a rare day that we take a picture of the two of us anymore haha!  
Santa!! We were a little worried how Tag would do with Santa because he has stated to get a little bit of stranger danger but he LOVED Santa!! We went in the middle of the day o there weren't any other kids waiting and Tag probably sat on Santa's lap for at least five minutes! 
Tag even got to meet a few of Santa's reindeer! 
Playing like a big boy! 
End of the year party with this crazy group of Freshman and Sophomores! These girls were such a fun group and so great to always help with Tag! 
Lunch with Daddy after family pictures! (I will put all of them in a separate post - they turned out so well!! The cake that I made in October was a trade for these pictures! - Best trade ever!) 
Thanksgiving was a little different this year because we didn't go north to be with family. Luckily we are fortunate and have the Payne's down here who are just as close as family and they let us crash their party!! 
Cheese ball that I brought for the day! 
Pecan pie! Unfortunately it looks a lot better than it actually was! When we cut into the pie it hadn't set all the way! It still tasted good it was just really runny! 
Tag loved playing with all the boys that day! 
Yum! 
We had enough sparkling cider for each of us to have our own bottle! The boys thought that was great!! 
Love this handsome fella of mine!!! 

No mom! I don't know who made such a big mess of my toys!!??!!
November was good to us! 

No comments: