Sleep? This week was a little rougher as far as sleeping goes - I have not had too many sleepless nights this pregnancy but this week I had a few nights when sleeping didn't come too easy. I still can't complain much because I am able to get to sleep and sleep the majority of the night.
Movement? The baby moves a quite a bit in the morning, sleeps/relaxes through most of the afternoon with just a little bit of movement and then gets pretty active in the evenings.
Food Cravings? Pineapple haha ever heard that one before? What else? Umm... I really wanted scones the other day but never got any, maybe I should find some scones today!
Labor Signs? At my doctor's appointment at the start of the week I was still 1 cm & 50 %. Also this week we visited labor and delivery - I will write about this here because I want to keep track of this pregnancy but other than that you probably won't hear me say anything about it... On Sunday this week (Easter) I had not felt the baby move for a quite a while. Saturday evening I my back had really hurt and I had a few more contractions than normal but nothing consistent enough to get to excited about. Anyways so Sunday I woke up about 6 am and was awake until about 9 before Jason woke up. I was pretty uncomfortable and just laid in bed trying to relax and feel the baby move but neither were really happening. When Jason woke up I told him that I hadn't felt the baby move for a while and that I wasn't feeling great. He told me not to worry about it but just to relax and try to feel the baby. My Mom and Courtney are down this week for Spring Break this week and so around 11 they came over for lunch and to die Easter eggs. I still was concerned about not feeling baby - at that point I had felt it move a few times but not near as much as I usually do. We died eggs and Jason started to get Lunch ready and I decided that I was going to get in the shower about 1. I went back to the bathroom and jumped into the shower. Right after I got in the shower I had some fluid leak but wasn't sure how much it was and that because I was went in the shower. I felt it happen 2 more times while I was in the shower and started to get a little worried. I got out of the shower and called Jason back to the bathroom to tell him what happened. He was a little worried as well but we decided to see if it happened again now that I was out of the shower. It happened two more times in the next 20 or so minutes so we decided between that and little movement from the baby that we better call labor and delivery just to see what they thought. We called and the nurse was pretty concerned but she told us to wait another hour and if it had happened again by the end of the hour and I still wasn't feeling baby very much that we better come in so that I could get checked and just make sure that baby was doing ok. At that point I told my mom what was going on and her and Courtney of course got excited and thought the baby was coming. I was hesitant to go because this whole pregnancy I have told Jason that I REFUSE to be the crazy pregnant lady that goes to the hospital 20 times thinking that I am in labor and that really nothing is happening. Anyway we waited the hour that we needed to and still wasn't feeling the baby much and had fluid again about 3-4 times so we decided that we better just go and get checked. We got to the hospital and they got me hooked up to the monitors and did a cotton swab to see if my water was leaking. While we were waiting for that to come back they monitored the baby and watched my contractions. I was having contractions but they weren't very consistent. The nurse had said when we checked in that she thought my water may have broken and that there was a good chance that we would be staying. When the test came back however it was negative for amniotic fluid. They wanted to monitor the baby a little bit because of lack of movement and also when I had gotten to the hospital my blood pressure was pretty high so they watched that a little as well. After some monitoring the babies heart rate was strong and they felt good about sending us home knowing that I had a doctor's appointment the next morning. I felt dumb for going to the hospital and not actually being in labor but was glad that everything was ok and that the baby was doing just fine. My nurse said that there is a good chance that I was leaking some amniotic fluid but that everything had shifted in the hours from 1 when I got in the shower and about 4 when we arrived at the hospital and that I just wasn't leaking any more. I told Jason that I am just a crazy pregnant person who apparently has no idea what is happening to her body and peed her pant a bunch of times in one day. Either way long story short - baby is healthy and that is all that really matters!!
Belly Button In/Out? Out
Wedding Ring On/Off? Off
Size? About the same as last week - Still a watermelon and approximately 19-22 in. & 6.5 lbs. or so.
Here are a few random mixed up pictures from the last week. These are my baby chickies that we hatched in my classroom this year! (Well not all of them are technically mine but they lived in my room for a few days!) My Firsties loved our chickies and it was fun to have them!!
This is a picture from our annual First Grade Egg Drop! Brent loved dropped the eggs off the roof for our first graders!
This is probably my all time new favorite picture of Jason!! It has been "mustache march" and all of the employee's at the hospital are looking a little hairier these days lol! We were at Kohl's shopping with my mom and Corty and Jason found these silly glasses! He doesn't even look like himself lol! It is now April and he is a freshly shaven man but it was fun while it lasted!
Easter Eggs! - Corty found a tutorial on Pinterest where you wrap silk ties around eggs and boil them. The dye seeps out of the tie and stains the eggs! We tried it with a few and they turned out pretty cool!
And here is a little Easter humor for you! I sent this comic to Jason during one of his grave shifts this week - haha he liked it and we both got a good laugh out of it!
Now it is finally Baby Staley's Birth month and this blog is going to get overloaded with pictures of our new Peanut soon! Happy April all!! We are getting excited and anxious to meet this little one and can't wait to see when our little munchkin will make its grand entrance!!
This is one more photo from the amazing talents of Brett & Kye Applonie - I am hoping that the baby arrives before the 15th but I am sure that is just high hopes!
Here is a photo of me before my doctor's appointment this morning! I am officially 38 weeks today, it is officially April and we are officially ready for the baby to come!
Today at my doctor's appointment I was 2 cm dilated and about 70% effaced so we are making a little progress - the doctor also stripped my membranes today. 14 days till this Peanut is due!
1 comment:
The same thing happened to me with my 3rd baby, you'd think I'd know by then :). Then when my water really did break I hardly had any fluid because it had been leaking. Good luck and don't feel dumb!
Post a Comment