`

`

Sunday, March 24, 2013

36 Weeks...

Sleep? Still sleeping pretty well, I sleep through the night but feel like I don't sleep quite as deep because I have to shift and move a lot in my sleep.
Movement? The baby is huge, and strong, and somewhat temperamental haha! If Jason gets to close he will get kicked or if I am laying a way that the baby doesn't like it is sure to let me know! 
Food Cravings? Have a mentioned Pineapple? haha seriously it is my favorite thing. 
Labor Signs? Contractions have begun! I am hoping that means this baby is soon going to be willing to give up its room in the inn but I'm sure it is just to make the next few weeks a little more uncomfortable.  However as I type this my belly keep tightening up! When I went to the doctor this week I was dilated 1 cm and 50 % effaced.  I go back again tomorrow and am anxious to see if we have progressed at all!?
Belly Button In/Out? Out - old news now I guess.
Wedding Ring On/Off? Off, it could probably still be on but it was getting a little to tight for comfort so I decided it was time to retire it for a few weeks.
Size? Watermelon (seriously I have 3 weeks left what is bigger than a watermelon!?) Approximately 19-22 in. & 6.5 lbs. 
This week we attended a prenatal class at the hospital we went over the process of how everything will go once we arrive at labor and delivery when this little one decides to arrive and went on a tour of the labor and delivery floor and the mom and baby floor as well.  While we were waiting at the hospital for the class to start ... (side story - we were there an hour early because I have pregnancy brain and got confused.  The class was an eight hour class on Saturday that started at 9 but I had the number 8 stuck in my head since it was an 8 hour class and told Jason that the class started at 8! Oops... at least we were early instead of late right?) back to the story we were waiting for the class to start and Jason decided to check his e-mail, well we got an e-mail that will forever change our little families lives! Jason got his acceptance letter to the DNP program at the University of Utah!! Yahoo!! We are so excited and nervous and scared and thankful and a million other feelings all at once.  We know that this is the right move for our little family and excited that there is now a light at the end of the tunnel.  May 2016 will be the end of Jason's schooling and  we are done applying to schools trying to figure out the pieces of our lives! I have no doubt that there are still a million questions to be answered and the path will not always be cleat but either way there is now a path and we are so grateful to officially call the University of Utah home! Yea!! Jason started at the U before his mission and I joked with him that it will end where it all began many years ago! In the middle he has attended USU, Dixie and SUU but he will get to have his Doctorate from the U! I am so proud of him! 

 Last but not least I posted a few pictures from Tawny's maternity shoot that she  did for me last week.  These pictures were taken by the talented duo Brett & Kye Applonie! Love them! Thanks for the pictures guys!! 
 Look at that belly! Seriously!! 
 Peanut will be here soon! 

1 comment:

The Whitmers said...

I was just thinking, you should see if Justin's mom is on duty the day your baby is born! She is a labor and delivery nurse in St. George. Is that where you are delivering?