So I have been somewhat of a slacker on keeping this blog up to date, the Fall is always a crazy time around our house and adding pregnancy into the mix I have gotten a little behind but I have a few things I really want on here so that it is recorded in our history! haha!
I was so anxious to tell Jason that we were pregnant. I found out early the morning of volleyball tryouts, I had just gotten home from Michigan late the night before and was excited to take a pregnancy test. (I hesitate on how much I talk about actually getting pregnant because Jason and I were very blessed in that we were able to get pregnant the first month that we started trying. This is a very sensitive topic with many and so I try to be careful how we talk about this.) Jason and I had been married just over four years when we officially decided it was time to start our family and the baby will arrive just before out fifth anniversary! So back to the story, I got up early the morning of August 6th to get ready for volleyball tryouts. Jason had just got home from a graveyard shift at Coral Desert and had quickly crawled in bed and drifted off to sleep. I was getting ready for tryouts and decided I would quickly take a test. I took the test, let it sit the recommended time before checking the results and then nervously took a peek! .........It was negative, I was a little disappointed but it was just the first month, we were aware that it may take awhile so I tried to brush it off. I walked back into our room, changed out of my pj's, then went to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. I walked back into the bathroom to finish my hair before leaving for practice and throw the pregnancy test away that I had left on the counter. Luckily I quickly looked at it again before tossing it because in the 15-20 minutes that had passed while I had changed my clothes and eaten breakfast the test had processed some more and was now positive!! I was so excited, somewhat shocked, I had just decided that it was ok and we would just have to wait another month when the world quickly spun around me and we were in fact already pregnant! I wanted to run in and wake up Jason to tell him but decided I wanted to try and think of a fun way to tell him so I tucked the test away and scurried off to volleyball. Luckily it was varsity tryouts that day and so I was just technically another on-hand person instead of the one making the decisions on cuts because I was only partially with it that day. My brain was drifting and so excited that we were pregnant. On my way home I stopped at Harmon's to buy a pink girl balloon and a blue boy balloon. When I got home I drew question marks all over both of the balloons, printed a letter that I wrote from the baby to Jason and then set it all out with the positive pregnancy test. I went into our room and woke up Jason who was only half amused that I was awaking him up 2 hours earlier than he normally gets up after a graveyard shift (I couldn't wait any longer!) and drug him to the kitchen to help me "find something for us to eat" I think that he was still only about 75% awake when we walked into the kitchen and took a second for him to process what was going on! He was so excited when he finally woke up with the shock of seeing the balloons and pregnancy test! We were/are elated, and I loved seeing his expression! (Don't tell him that I said this but he may have shed a few tears! I think I was in such shock when I looked at the test the second time to see it positive that tears were about the farthest of emotions that I had but he was really sweet and very excited!!) Here are a few pictures from that morning, I wish I would have taken a few more!
A few days after I had told Jason we came home from work and the blue balloon had somewhat deflated and the pink one was still floating! haha I had to snap a picture of it since we aren't finding out what we are having we thought it was pretty funny and are curious to see if it is correct or not come April!
We were so excited to tell our family and friends about Baby Staley but couldn't decided for sure when to do it. I was hesitant to tell anyone to early just because it is our first pregnancy and I wasn't sure what to expect. We had finally decided that we would tell everyone the weekend of state volleyball, we were already headed north, I would be 16 weeks along and everyone knew we were coming for state so they wouldn't expect anything. That plan worked really well until my dad remembered that he had business trip that weekend and wouldn't be around! I refused to tell everyone with out my dad there so we planned an impromptu trip the first part of October, which conveniently overlapped with Jason's grandma's birthday party so we had an excuse to make a trip up north without anyone thinking to much about it. I was 13 weeks along at that point and we felt confident that I was far enough along we could share our exciting news with everyone! We only took video of telling our parents but it was pretty fun. My mom definitely wins the award for best reaction out of everyone we told. It was exciting to share our news with everyone and I was so ready to have it no longer be a secret! To tell out parents we bought cute haunted house looking boxes (since it was October) filled them full of candy and put a halloween card in them. The front said "A Halloween surprise for you a little monster who says...." then when you turned it over it said "BOO!! Happy Halloween from Baby Staley coming April 2013!" And had a picture of the 9 week ultrasound.
No comments:
Post a Comment