`

`

Monday, March 4, 2013

Every child that I do NOT know...

....calls me Mrs. Staley.  Now let me back track a little.  Jason and I live in an apartment complex across town from Coral Cliffs where I teach First Grade.  I told Jason that I lost my first name a long time ago because I have three titles, Mrs. Staley, Coach Staley, or Sister Staley.  Each of these titles I love for different reasons but "Mrs. Staley" has lately become our favorite as EVERY child that lives in our apartment complex calls me that! One of the first graders that is in the class next door to mine lives with his Grandma during a lot of the week and then with mom and dad on the weekend.  Grandma lives by my school so he attends Coral Cliffs but his parents live by me.  He of course calls me Mrs. Staley as he goes to my school and is in the first grade.  He also however seems to be quite popular among the kids at the apartments and since he knows me and calls me Mrs. Staley all of the other kids that live around me have picked up on it and greet me as Mrs. Staley as well.  Any time I take out the garbage, walk to my car, go get the mail, water the flowers on my front porch, etc. I hear a cute little "Hello Mrs Staley!!" I don't know any of these kids except for the one, but they all seem to know who I am! Silly kids! When I was little (and still to this day) one of my favorite picture books was Miss Malarkey Doesn't Live in Room 10.  It is a cute story about how all of the student's thought that their teacher lived in their classroom until she moved into the same apartment complex as one of the little boys.  
None of the students believed the little boy and had to see for themselves.  They were all amazed that she did things like grocery shop, take out the garbage and have friends over - even on school nights! (Gasp!) Haha I just had to jot down this silly memory because I am sure 100 years down the road this will be far since forgotten and I want to remember these silly little moments in life! I guess there are a lot worse things they could be calling me right!? 

No comments: