This week was crazy busy and like every other day it feels like lately we ran non stop. Monday marked our 27 week mark with this little one! Crazy that we only have 10 more weeks until the baby is technically full term. I am in full nesting mode trying to get everything ready for the baby and am excited about our baby showers that are coming up so that we can feel a little more prepared!
I had a doctors appointment this week as well. At my appointment this time I had to get my Rhogam shot, TDAP shot and also do my glucose testing. Everything still looks good and baby is growing how it should! My doctor said I need to think about the babies movements a little more at this point and just make sure the baby is moving consistently throughout the day. My glucose test results came back great - no gestational diabetes for this pregnant lady! Yahoo! They actually were more concerned that my blood sugar was kind of surprising low so I am just supposed to make sure that I am eating frequently and getting good amounts of protein. Here is the lovely picture that I sent Jason as I drank my glucose drink at 7:30 am on his birthday while he was on his way to class. It really wasn't as bad as some people have said - by far not a new favorite drink but it wasn't as bad as some have said. The worst part was that it was just a ton of sugar that early in the morning.
We also celebrated Jason's 27th birthday this week! He had class that day and didn't get home until kind of late but we opened a few presents - his favorite gift that I surprised him with was The Big Bang Theory season 1-5. We love that show lately and I found a killer deal! He also got a new duffle bag, a new beanie and the game scum.
Doesn't he look so excited about his new hat! haha
After we had opened gifts Jason got to chose where we went to dinner - he picked George's a newer place in St. George that had yummy food and a fun atmosphere!
Happy Birthday Jason! I love you!!
This is not Jason's cake haha we opted to grab some ice cream for his birthday instead of having a whole cake that the two of us shouldn't eat lol. This cake however is one that I made this week for a birthday party for one of my coworkers kids. Amber asked me if I would make a Dora and Diego cake for her kids for their party this year and I was happy to oblige. I made her daughters cake last year as well. I would love to do cakes more frequently than I get to - It would be fun someday to look into actually doing a small part time job/business with cakes. I think that this one turned out pretty cute!
Last but not least this week we also assembled the babies dresser - Jason was not so excited about how many pieces it came in (seriously about a million!) But he is such a great husband/daddy that he agreed to put it all together!
No comments:
Post a Comment