`

`

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Relay for Life!

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to participate in the Relay for Life.  One of our third grade teachers at our school this year found out that she had breast cancer.  We were so sad to hear about this because I we love Dixie so much! The relay was a great opportunity for all of the teachers to come together and show our support for her and all the others out there.  I couldn't help but think of Travis during my walk, many of you know our great friends Hayley and Travis.  Trav has been battling cancer as well, we love Hayley, Trav and their girls so much! 
 
Jason and I (bad picture but the only one I snapped of us quick)  
This is Kristin, Amber and I.  I love these two and have the opportunity of hanging out with them at school everyday.  The evening of the relay I got to play mommy for the night to one of my favorite little ladies Jocelyn.  Ken and Julia needed help with her that evening and I was more than happy to jump at the chance! I love this little lady!
 I walked that evening/morning from 2:30-5:30.  It was a long evening but I was surprised how fast the hours flew by. It was a privileged to get to walk in the relay in honor of all of those who so strongly battle cancer!

1 comment: