`

`

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I can't believe that Spring is so quickly turning to Summer time!

The weather in St. George lately has been so beautiful! Between school getting ready to wrap up in only 4 weeks (I can't believe it!) and Jason graduating in May (Yea!!) things have been kind of crazy.  We have however managed to do a few things to enjoy the weather.  We planted a "garden" if you can call it that this year on our back patio.  We have two planter boxes, two topsy turvey tomato planters and then two large ceramic planters as well.  I feel like it really has brightened up our back patio and I am excited for fresh tomatoes soon! I need to snap a picture of the final product but I do have a few of us picking out the plants for the planters. 

 This is my VERY picky husband picking out our mini palm tree, after about 30 minutes he finally selected on one!
 ...nope still not it...
 ...maybe this one?
 ...nope!
 He wasn't so thrilled when he realized that I had been documenting his search haha! Love you Boy!
We have also done some baking, I already posted the yummy bread that I made but here are some chocolate chip cookies that Jason and I whipped up one Sunday evening. 
Yum!
A few weeks ago when my family was here I was was busy being a mommy to 14 new baby chicks and have completely forgotten to post any pictures of my little babies! They were so much fun to have in my classroom for a little while but by the time we sent them off I was ready to be done being a mother hen.  If I think about it hard enough I can still hear chirping in my head! haha Dexter wasn't so sure at first but he came around and really loved my little chicks by the time they left.  
 A little scared at first.
 Here are some of my cute babes.
And last but not least, a picture of my handsome husband one evening when we were on a drive in the beautiful weather with the windows down just enjoying a few minutes together - those feel kind of few and far between lately so we try and take full advantage when we get a minute together!

No comments: