`

`

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July Fun!

Warning - Super long!   

Wow this weekend was a blast! – I think that we packed in way more than I ever thought possible and still had some time to just relax and enjoy the 4th.  All of the events started on Friday evening in Logan where we had fun eating dinner, and watching the fireworks with some of the family.  We have sat in the same place every year since I was about 5, it is a fun tradition! (We couldn’t be on campus without taking Jackson to go see Big Blue – the kid is bleeding blue I tell you….AGGIE BLUE that is!)
The fly over is always really cool to see! 
These next pictures are just all of us having fun waiting for the fireworks to start. 
The Fab Five!!
After the fireworks we ran back to our place quick, packed the car and headed to Clinton, our home away from home for the weekend.  Steve and Heather were kind enough to let us invade their space so we could stay and play for a few days! (Jackson was tuckered out and fell asleep on our couch while we were packing the car...look at how cute that kid is!)
 Saturday was a Kaysville day full of fun and fireworks! – We started the day at Jason’s parents for breakfast and then on to the parade.  The parade was really long this year, but it is always fun just to be in the sun and relax for the day.  After the parade we headed over to the carnival, walked around some booths and watched the helicopter do the candy drop.  After that we all decided that we were ready to get out of the sun for a while so we went back to the in-laws for a little R & R.  That evening we had a cook-out at my Aunt Debbie’s house and then back to the in-laws again for the fire works and some treats.  By the end of the day we were all tired and a little sun burnt (some more than others).
 Jack caught a tie at the parade 
Every year the Taco Time Float tosses out millions of Red, Blue and Silver (white) beads. 
Jessica with Dance Company in the water part of the parade. 
The helicopter that did the candy drop.
 Back at the in-laws - Steve napping. 
Goofing around before the fireworks.
My poor sun-burn :(
Sunday was a relaxing day.  We slept in a little and then headed off to church; it was fun to get to go to Steve & Heather’s ward with them.  It is kind of crazy to see Steve on the stand, he has been a part of my life for so long (way before I ever even met Jason) that he has always kind of been my older brother that I never truly had.  After church we lounged around the house.  Steve… I mean Heather made a delicious dinner (ha ha – inside joke, way would have had to have been there) after we ate we went on a walk and then just relaxed in their back yard while Jackson found his new favorite treat, peas out of the garden.

This is a huge flag that Steve bought in the Dominican Republic on his mission.  
Happy 4th! 
 In the garden picking peas!
Monday was another packed day, again we got to sleep in a little, once we got up we made waffles for breakfast (yum!) and then we all got ready for the day.  Our first adventure was miniature golf at Cherry Hill (way fun!) – Steve took first and I took second – I am not positive but I am pretty sure that Heather came in third and Jason wound up fourth out of the bunch.  Jackson the little stink was the only one who managed to get a whole in one, but as you will see from the pictures his version of miniature golf was a little different than ours!

 Jason & Jack watching cartoons before breakfast was ready. 
Miniature Golf!
Jack on some of the small quarter rides at Cherry Hill
 After golfing we grabbed some ice cream to cool us off and then headed to a park in Bountiful to run some of Jackson’s energy out of him.  – The plan was for Jack to play, but eventually we all joined in and pretended like we were still little kids, some of us however did find out that playgrounds are actually built for kid sized bodies, not big people with kid sized minds!
Following the park we went shopping for a few minutes (Steve & Jason’s favorite part of the day) and then we met up with my mom and dad, Dani, Trevor and Dexter for some dinner at Pei Wei.  Dinner was really yummy! – It was fun to all be together, and enjoy a good dinner.   
Jack discovered a new way of eating with chopsticks, really who needs both of them when one works just fine! 
After dinner we all packed back up and headed to Salt Lake for the Bee’s game! – I love going to these games and feel like we never get to enough of them! – After the game there was even an amazing fire works show (probably the best one of the weekend!) We all had a blast! –
Look at our cute nephews - both in their Bee's hats! 
 Dexter was pretty amazed by the fireworks! 
Unfortunately the weekend had to end – it was so much fun we were sad to see it go! – Thanks Steve and Heather for letting us crash at your place for a few days!

Jackson was kind enough to help me deflate the air mattress while we were packing to leave.

P.S. For anyone interested I had my root canal yesterday; all in all it was pretty good (as good as a root canal can be I guess.) Once he got inside he realized that I had 4 roots on my tooth, I guess there are only supposed to be 3.  This isn’t something that really means anything other than it is pretty rare and that the root canal took him a little longer than he had estimated because he had an extra root to work on.  I am feeling pretty good, just kind of sore, I had done pretty good with my medicine until I was on my way to work this morning and I think that the combination of the canyon, my medication and probably not enough food on my stomach I had to make my dad pull over once, if you know what I mean.  After that the day has just been kind of blah - me and the white pearly bus have had a few visits today.

In future news we have the Smellie family reunion, Mountain West Volleyball Reunion, CEU Volleyball Reunion and Brynlee’s wedding coming up so you can look forward to some more fun from all of these!

1 comment:

Dave and Alisha said...

wow you guys have been busy. looks like a lot of fun!