`

`

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Break Day #5:

 Day five in California finished off part one of our Spring Break but man did it go out with a bang! This was probably my favorite day in California.  Wednesday we got up, said our good byes to Bob and Chris and then headed out to The Grove and Farmers Market.  I LOVED the farmers market.  If I could I maybe would have just stayed there all day! I love all of the culture, different foods, fresh fruits, bakeries and much more!
 It all looked so yummy! There were way more yummy treats than we could have ever devoured so we let our eyes do the dreaming this day and just chose a few small treats! 
 Cute little bakery.
 Fun restaurants.
 Cup cakes stands.
 ...more treats...
 ...wall of hot sauces in one of the little shops...
 ...fun vintage toy shop...
 ...chocolates...
...doughnut shops...
 Ice cream stands...
 I mean really this was the funnest place!
 There was so much fresh produce that was so cheap!
 This was a cute little breakfast stand.
 We finally decided on the treats that we wanted to share - Jason chose an oreo cake and I picked a red velvet- they were both delicious!
 One of our favorite stands was one that made fresh peanut butter! We didn't try any but it sure looked yummy!!
 Once we were finished with the farmers market we walked over into The Grove shopping area.  We had to make a stop at the American Girl Doll Shop just because secretly I am still a little girl and had/have one of these dolls so I just needs to wander for a minute, Jason was kind enough to go along for a few minutes!
 We walked through a bunch of shops and then wandered down the walk way a little and realized that they were shooting for Extra! I snapped a quick picture of Mario Lopez and then we were back on our way.
Jason and I enjoying The Grove.
 We walked back over to the farmers market for a few minutes to grab a little bit of fresh produce since we were on our way home that day we knew that we could take some of it with us!
 Yum!!
 Last picture at the market.
 After the market we jumped in the car and headed down to Santa Monica Pier.
 Walking the pier/beach.
 My hair was all over the place! - It was very windy!
 Love this Boy!
 View from the pier.
 Toes in the sand...few things in life that we enjoy more!
 Loving our time on the windy beach!

 Jason showing off his "mad skills" haha!
 We had to make a quick stop at the gas station to fill up before heading town and then we said goodbye to California and the end of part one of Spring Break. 

No comments: