This year Father's Day marked the start of our three week vacation up north. Over the next little bit I am going to attempt to get this blog up to date. We have taken lots of pictures of our adventures lately so now I just need to get caught up! We love being in St. George but miss our families from time to time so we decided while we both have the summer off to spend some extra time in Smithfield and Kaysville. We drove to Kaysville on Father's Day and got the spend the evening with Jason's Dad and family. We have, and have had so many wonderful men that have influenced our lives. We both have excellent dad's and some pretty outstanding grandpa's as well. My grandpa Griffiths passed away when I was a Junior, Jason never got a chance to meet him. Jason's grandpa Carlton passed away just a few weeks after we started dating. I only had the opportunity of meeting him twice. He was a great man but pretty sick so I never really got to know him. Jason's other grandpa, grandpa Larsen passed away just a few months ago. I did have the privilege to get to know him, and learn from his amazing example. We are grateful for our knowledge of eternal families that we will be able to be with these men that we loved so much again someday.
Me and my "Papa" as he has so affectionately always been called.
This is my all time favorite picture of Dani and I with my grandpa Bud.
I had a hard time finding pictures of Jason's dad/grandpa's on his computer. These are the best I could find this morning in my search.
Don at our wedding reception in Kaysville.
Jason's grandpa Carlton.
Jason's grandpa Clyde.
We love and cherish all of the memories we have had and continue to have with these amazing men.
No comments:
Post a Comment