`

`

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Gold Medal Squared

This weekend I had the awesome opportunity to travel to Provo and  participate in the Gold Medal Squared coaches clinic.  For those who are not aware, I am coaching volleyball at Desert Hills High School next year and was given the opportunity to receive some additional volleyball/coaches training this week.  I have to say I had more fun at this clinic than I have had in a long time.  I got to play a ton of really good volleyball and learn from some of the biggest most successful names in volleyball ever.  There are some huge names that developed this program, together these elite coaches hold 3 Olympic gold medals, 8 NCAA division 1 championships, 1 NCAA division 3 championships, 8 NAIA championships, 5 junior Olympic club championships, over 20 state high school championships, Swiss league championship, and a Coupe Suisse championship.  Let's just say they know what they are talking about.  

"Gold Medal Squared is the collaborative effort of four of the most successful and experienced coaches in the history of volleyball in the United States. Dr. Carl McGown, Dr. Marv Dunphy, Dr. Doug Beal, and Jim McLaughlin bring over 100 years of combined experience, and have been at the top of the game at every level: High School, Club, Collegiate, Professional Foreign Leagues, and International competition."

Getting to train under these coaches was such a neat experience. I have to say that I am more sore than I have been in a while and possibly ever, I played a ton, learned even more and walked away with a greater passion for the game of volleyball.

I did however walk out of the gym yesterday feeling about like this....
....man I love this game!
post signature

No comments: