`

`

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I can't even believe it...!!!

So this makes two posts in one day kind of crazy for  me I know right? But this is one that HAS to make the record books! Maybe not in a good way but I can't even believe that this happened!! 
WARNING: If you have a weak stomach this may not 
be the post for you to read!!
So I am contemplating how to say this with out sounding gross so I'll just try my best.  Here it goes.... Sunday I started to notice that it kind of stunk in our Laundry room a little bit.  Not bad and just like a little whiff every once and a while but it smelled like something had been left in the washer but nothing was in the washer so I couldn't really tell what it was.  So life goes on.... Tuesday rolls around and for like two weeks our water heater has been SO LOUD!! Like crazy loud!  Jason had called our land lord and he was supposed to come on Tuesday to take a look at it which he did but me and Jason don't get home until 
about 8 o'clock on Tuesdays so when we got home that night 
OUR WHOLE HOUSE STUNK!! 
Like horrible I have a dead fish rotting in my house stink!! Well we just figured that it is something that our land lord did to try and fix our water heater and thought it would go away.  8 hours of scentsy later and windows open trying to vent out the house it still stinks.  Well we dealt with it that night, continued to try and fix it yesterday, but by the time today rolled around it was awful!! So we got home around 4 and decided that we had to do something!! It was definitely the worst in the Laundry room but we just figured that was because it backs our utility room.  Well the investigating continued and we could tell that it was coming from the Laundry room so the dryer got pulled out and the smell got WAY WAY worse!! But we couldn't see what it was so Jason got a flash light and shone it up the dryer vent to find ... are you ready for this ... 1/2 not whole, but 1/2 of a dead bird~! Serious!!! It had somehow flown into our dryer vent died and was being cooked by my dryer.  Needless to say I was officially grossed out.  Luckily Patrick our neighbor felt pity for us and helped Jason move the dryer onto the back patio where it is currently residing.  

Ha ha so as gross as that is my house no longer stinks (which i am thrilled about!!) The 1/2 of the remaining robin is now in the dumpster and we can try to go back to life as normal with a non-stinky house and a really funny story to tell our kids someday.  

3 comments:

Tommy, Brittney and Ryder Patane said...

That is so gross! I'm impressed how long you lasted with the stink! By the way my email is b.patane@hotmail.com - love ya!

Katie said...

shortpinkie@msn.com
love you!

Tim & Lisa Hale said...

Seriously?!!!! That makes me a little bit sick ha ha but I am glad that you found the source of the smell. Ü