So only two days after getting home from California Jason and I ran
loads of laundry, unpacked and repacked for four fun packed days in New
York! I had been to New York when I was in high school and went out to
see Dani while she was a nanny but we only spent one quick day in the
city and Jason hadn't ever been so we decided that we wanted to head to
New York and party for the 4th!
Once we arrived in New York we dropped our stuff at our beautiful hotel! We stayed a block off of time square and loved it!! We headed down to the harbor to check out the fire works since we had arrived on the 4th but we also made a few pit stops along the way! We stopped to admire time square!
We stopped and grabbed some dinner at a really yummy burger place called 5 Napkins. While waiting to be seated we saw this man showing his true pride for our country haha!
This cute place was next door, we didn't grab anything but admired how cute it was!
I don't know why this picture won't turn....rrrrr... but this is us just hanging at dinner!
Walking down to the harbor after dinner!
All of the police helicopters flying over while we were waiting for the fireworks!
Love him! - Look at all the people in the background - it was pretty crazy!
This man even brought his lizard friend.
Just waiting for the fireworks!
Yea!
We loved the fireworks! What cool experience to see these in the Big Apple!
So many people!
Again...no clue why the pictures aren't turning??
After the fireworks we headed back to times square.
We passed a few fun places a long the way!
Lots of people!
Jason hanging with the NYPD
After times square it was really late and we were pooped! This is a picture of our pretty hotel room! We really loved our hotel!
I jumped in the shower and when I got out this is how I found Jason! Haha pooped I tell ya!
The next morning we got up and headed back to the harbor for the circle line tour.
Waiting on the boat to get started!
View of the city.
World Trade Centers - Rebuilding! This was one of my favorites! When I was in New York last time they were still just big holes after all of the clean up! It is pretty amazing to see all that has changed!
Love him!
Loved getting to see this lady!
Just hanging with Lady Liberty.
View of the statue.
Empire State Building
Still cruising the harbor!
We looped back around to see these buildings again!
Love!
One of Jason's favorite was the three story driving range!
Boy was it warm in NY! This was one of the best $3 that I have EVER spent! We really loved our slurpee's after the harbor tour!
After our refreshing drinks we headed over to the Empire State Building.
Waiting to get through security at the Empire State Building.
We seriously waited forever in line to get to the top of the building but this crazy lady sure entertained us! haha
Still waiting...
Photo opp!
Bored waiting in line...
Finally we made it to the top! It was worth it though! So cool to see the whole city!
View of Central Park.
Chrysler Building.
Long ways down!
Loving the view!
Once finished at the Empire State Building we hopped on the subway and headed to Central Park!
Found a yummy treat as we wondered the park!
Jason liked his treat!
Hanging in the park!
This is our chipmunk friend.
I am a little upset that these pictures aren't working. - After the Park we walked over to the temple! I loved getting to see the Manhattan temple again and we even met a member family from the DR while taking pictures.
Love this place!
It is amazing how you can fell the spirit even just standing outside of this building! Love the temple!!
After the temple we wondered on over to 5th Ave.
Stopping to see the Plaza!
Jason found another favorite!
Loved all the 5th Ave shops!
Godiva!
Yum!
Rockefeller Plaza!
Random window display...but it made us get even more excited for the Olympics!
While searching for somewhere for dinner we were able to see Mathew Brodrick! We laughed that everyone was standing outside waiting by this "No Standing Anytime" sign.
He really was super friendly! He stopped and took pictures with tons of people and signed a lot of autographs.
We decided on Bubba Gumps for dinner - It was Super Yummy!! I loved my coconut shrimp!
Wondering the city after dinner.
This is our funny picture we had sketched while wondering Times Square that evening! I must say I think it looks more like Jason than me but we still laughed!
We then turned in for the evening again exhausted! Day three stared on the subway as we headed down to ground zero.
Love him!!!
This is the graveyard at the church right off of ground zero.
Haha kind of a funny picture!
Found some lunch! - Couldn't go to NY without some pizza!
Yum!
Back on the streets headed to China Town!
Yummy fruit at a fruit stand in china town!
This is a picture of Jack fruit - wee decided that we needed to try a little it umm left something to be desired?? Haha by no means a new favorite!
Scared to try it!
Weirdest looking fruit ever!
...giving it a try!
kind sour! And over all not pleased!!
China Town!
After the nasty jack fruit we needed something to get the taste out of our mouths! Ice cream hit the spot!
Yum!
Pineapple!
Next we wondered over to Grand Central Station!
Back in Times square we found the naked cowboy (I think that this was an older version! haha) He honestly was kind of creepy but we had to snap a picture for the memory lol!
This is Jason and I on a HUGE billboard in times square! haha kind of fun!
Hi us!
Dinner that evening was at Junior's. We wouldn't recommend it, I think that it may have just been our waiter but we really weren't that thrilled.
Funny street performer.
Back at the hotel that night our hotel had left us treats and water! I got all excited because I thought it was chocolate!
Jason laughed and made fun of me when it was trail mix, nuts, dried fruit, and small cookies. It was very nice of them but we just laughed because I had been so excited for the chocolate until I opened it!
The next day was unfortunately our last! We were sad to say goodbye to the city so soon but had a blast while we were there! The last morning we headed over to top of the rock.
Viewing the city again!
Loved our time in this city!
Central Park again.
Back to the subway to head to the WTC memorial. Love how clean the subway is haha!
This was a pretty amazing experience to see this memorial. It is humbling to think of all of those who lost their lives. What a beautiful tribute to them all.
Seeing all of these names made me want to just cry.
Jason at the memorial.
This tree had such a cool story it is the survivor tree and was on the grounds of the original towers in 2001.
Tower 1.
Mary Wahlstrom was from Kaysville. Jason was glad that we were able to find both her and her daughters name.
Love him!
Such a tall building! It is going to be 150 stories when they are all finished!
They are in the process of building a big museum with artifacts from 2001. It unfortunately isn't finished but we got to see a few artifacts in the visitors center.
After the WTC memorial we had to head back to the hotel to grab the shuttle and head back to the airport.
Waiting in the lobby for the shuttle. Saying goodbye to our cool hotel. Goodbye Cassa.
Hanging out at the airport!
Yup we're bored.
This is my contrast of vacation Jason and Airport Jason haha! Love him!
We had to say one last goodbye to New York before we boarded the plane and headed home! Love you New York! Hopefully we'll be back someday!
No comments:
Post a Comment