`

`

Sunday, May 29, 2011

School's out for summer!!

  I finished school on Wednesday the 25th.  I can’t believe that the year is already over – crazy how time flies.  I am going to miss my little munchkins.  I had a fun group this year but I am excited to see what next year holds and am just elated that I get to return to my school again!  For now though I will thoroughly enjoy my summer break.  Like I said school got out on Wednesday, that evening about 7:00 Jason and I were running errands around St. George and I said to Jason, “let’s go to Vegas!” he of course thought I was crazy but I said “why not, let’s just go!” So we ran home, booked a room at the Treasure Island and headed to Vegas.  It was a short trip but we enjoyed the kick off to our summer break and just having a little bit of time to relax with one another.  When we booked our room it asked if we had any special occasions and or requests for our stay, we added in the box that it was my birthday (yes that was the truth, I am officially now 22, I turned 22 on the 22nd – that means something …right?) Anyways, we got a free bottle of champagne when we checked in since it was a birthday trip, we kindly rejected and said that we didn’t drink but later that night they brought some Martinelli’s cider to our room instead! – Happy Birthday me! –  
 We ate dinner the first night at Serendipity – love that place!  - We had THE MOST AMAZING waiter, seriously he was awesome and even brought me a GIGANTIC sundae for my birthday, candle and all.
 Yes we are sinners, we each played $3 in penny slots.
 Dinner the second evening just before heading home at the Sugar Factory....YUM!
We finished dinner and our waitress asked if we wanted dessert, we said no (seriously we were stuffed) and she went to get our check, well she cam back with out check, and .......this huge thing! - ha ha all she said was "don''t tell anyone I did it for ya!" - Well if you have ever met Jason you know that perfectly good ice cream and red velvet cake could never go to waist so needless to say we ate it all!
 It was a fun quick little trip, we are excited for the summer and all of the adventures that it will bring!
post signature

No comments: