I feel like I am finally posting again. We sill don't have the internet but that should be fixed within the next week or so and I can hopefully get the blog caught up. So many things have changed in our lives the past few weeks that I feel like it has been FOREVER since I last posted.
First off I just need to wish my handsome husband a happy birthday. Tomorrow Jason will turn 25. He is a quarter of a century old! ( I have to bug him about being "old" as if 25 is actually old, because he always makes fun of me for being so "young"!)
We made it safely to St. George. Jason got a flat tire on the trailer but luckily he got it off the road safely and got the tire changed. It took some work in the freezing temperatures though because the spare tire was in the trailer and what are the chances... all of the locks were frozen shut! - But he got it done and finished the rest of his drive safely.
I have gotten my classroom set up and now have officially finished my first two weeks of teaching. I LOVE my school. I couldn't have asked to work with a better faculty and the other first grade teachers have been more than willing to help with anything I had questions on. I feel like I am getting the students into a routine more and more each day and that they are doing well.
We have had a housing fiasco! - The day before we were supposed to move we were told that the apartment we were going to rent wouldn't be ready but that there was another one we could "camp" in until our was ready. Not exactly my kind of perfect but we really didn't have an option so we just went with it. We were told that it just had new carpet and paint put in and so it would be nice and clean for us......WRONG-O! The guy who was supposed to line all of that up - well his wife went into labor a month early throwing his whole schedule in the air and left us with a disgusting apartment. Luckily with only putting the move off by one day they were able to re-carpet really quickly so we had a place to put our stuff. We have been on hold the last 3 weeks trying to move again (yuck) into the correct apartment but just in the past few days have heard that it will now be the end of February until that apartment will be ready. We are ready to really get settled so that it feels more like home here and so we have worked with the landlord that he is going to update our apartment for us and we will stay in the three bedroom instead of moving again to the 2 bedroom. The nice thing about that is he is letting us pick all of the finishing work so it will get done how we would want it but on our landlord's dime so we are actually pretty excited and glad that we can now have a place to really call home!
Our ward is great and we feel so blessed to be back in a family ward. We loved our time in our married ward in Logan but were ready to be back in a family ward. Everyone has been so sweet welcoming us and making us feel at home. The church is an amazing thing - it provides you with family where ever you may be in the world. Jason and I know that we are being watched over. With some bumps here and there our transition into St. George has been fantastic and we know that this is truly where we are supposed to be. It begins to feel like home more and more every day.
Jason started school this week (the reason that sparked the entire change is our lives) he is loving his classes so far and if I do say so myself looks very handsome in his scrubs! - haha I am thrilled to see him excited about school - he is truly loving his classes and learning about things that interest him. He has become a pretty major studier (which I am thankful for) and devours every piece of info that is sent his way. It makes me so happy to see him happy about what he is doing.
This is mostly just a journal post - sorry if I bored you all to tears but I guess if it was that bad you would have stopped reading before this part anyway! - We miss Logan, we miss our friends and family there but know that we are where we need to be and enjoying every minute of it!
Love you all -
1 comment:
How exciting for you guys! A lot of changes and a lot of fun. Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment