`

`

Monday, December 7, 2009

Freezing, Frozen, Froze.

I just looked at up the current temperature in Logan; it is 16.3 degrees Fahrenheit with a wind chill of 16 degrees. Basically too cold for human life is kind of what I am thinking. As I sit here and am supposed to be studying for a final (obviously I am a little side tracked at the moment) one would think at least I can be warm in my house while I study right....wrong!! Our water heater went out on Saturday and our land lord is here putting in a new one. First he has to drain out the old one however and so my front door is wide open and the heater has been turned off so I don't have to pay to try and heat the frigid temperatures outside. This has made may house the same disgustingly cold temperature as it is outside!! AHH!! - I am grateful however that we are getting a new water heater, Jason joked over the weekend that it was a "Christmas Miracle" that it went out because it is the loudest water heater known to man and it doesn't produce any hot water! (Kind of the point right - we only have warm water and that doesn't last very long either.) - He joked last week with Jake (one of our neighbors) that he was going to sabotage it so we could get a new one, no worries, I didn't allow him to do this but I didn't have to hold him back that long before it just kicked the bucket its self! - I think that once it is in I am going to go enjoy a nice HOT shower to warm me up!! (P.S. this is one of the only good things about living in an apartment, when things go out/die it is someone else's problem! - I have a very strong feeling that if we owned our home that I would have very different feeling about my water heater dying a week before tuition is due and just over two weeks before Christmas.) Happy Finals Week!- here are a few comics that I found to help me laugh at the cold instead of cry!





1 comment:

Steve, Heather, and Jackson said...

Don't freeze your "bum" off! Love ya!