`

`

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Frightful, Fun and Festive!

Halloween this year was a lot of fun.  I love Halloween! I posted earlier the yummy cup cakes that we made, Halloween is one of my favorite times to make treats because of how fun and freaky all of the treats are!! Here is another treat that we created and devoured....
(I would love to say that I am a genius and dreamed up how to decorate these little guys in my own brainy head...however every cell in my body is currently consumed by school so thanks Sarah because I stole the cute idea off of your blog!)
The frosting got a little out of hand that night, lets just say that I CLEARLY won!!
(Jason will HATE that I put this picture on here!)

We had Nicky and Patrick over one evening and Nicky made Spooky Swap Juice
(aka white hot chocolate dyed green with gummy-worms and marshmallows) 
Next came carving pumpkins, always fun, always messy and with a
husband like Jason constantly entertaining...
(Please don't judge the fact that I look nine and a half
months pregnant in this picture!!)

 (I guess mine is not to spooky, but what do you do?) 

We were also fortunate enough to have Katie and Blake over one evening to play games and watch the nightmare before Christmas....


Random fact that I need to add in here is that I love candy corn and have to
limit myself to Halloween when I eat it or it would constantly be in my mouth... 


Last but not least we had a wonderful party with some of our neighbors on Halloween ...
Nicky made a delicious dinner in a pumpkin.

I was in charge of bread sticks and drinks, I love how well our "witch's fingers"
turned out and the juice was a hit as well! 


And then Justin and Brittney brought stuff to make caramel apples
 
All in all the month has been lots of fun and now I am just thrilled that Christmas is just around the corner!! (this also means that the semester is almost over YEAH!!)

2 comments:

cheri said...

looks like fun!!

Tommy, Brittney and Ryder Patane said...

looks like you guys had a great Halloween! It really is such a fun holiday! P.S. - don't worry you don't look 9 months pregnant...you'd have swollen feet, a puffy face and would so not feel like going to pick out pumpkins! hahahah! But the finished product is so worth it! Love you both!