This is the longest post possibly ever in the history of all posts, lots of it is just for
journal purposes so feel free to skip this one if you please! (unfortunately I don't have
pictures of all of the events because most of them are on Jason's camera and i don't
have it with me right now but I'll try and post some of them soon!)
Life has taken a turn in the last few weeks. As I said in our last post we
finished up Spring semester and headed off to St. George. It was wonderful!!



I loved getting to have a whole week with Jason and not having to worry about anything except maybe how long to stay at the pool. We loved our trip. We had the opportunity while we were down there to stay one of our nights in Las Vegas. Jason had never been to Vegas so it was fun just to walk the strip, see Belagio (sp?) and see all of the amazing buildings. The rest of our time in St. George was really chill. Pool time, a little bit of shopping, we got together with one of Jason's cousin's and her husband for dinner and a movie one evening and had a blast! (Thanks Julia and Ken!) Ken I think had Jason convinced that we needed to move to St. George by the end of the evening. While in St. George we celebrated our 1st Anniversary, I feel so blessed
to have married my best friend who is more than I ever dreamed of in a husband. (I Love You Jason!!) Then we had to come back to reality and along with that came work and school. Jason and I each have one class this summer ( I have stats and Jason has physiology) Jason went back to Burton ans I started a new job....well sort of. I am working in Ogden again at Pro Pac Labs. I am so thankful that they are letting me
come back for the summer ( I worked there last year from Jan-Aug) My days at Pro Pac are busy and I have a new task at hand every day. It amazes me how much I forgot while I was gone for the last 9 months but it is slowly starting to come back to me. I love the people I work with and am so blessed that Jason and I both have good jobs in these unstable times. Then came my birthday. I am officially no longer a teenager. I was very surprised how hard this birthday was for me. 20, no big deal right? But I really struggled! ( I have never really had a hard time with any of my birthdays and I didn't really think that not being a teenager would effect me any more especially considering I have no problem with being married, just being 20 apparently.) O well, I woke up the next day and I was fine that day apparently was just hard to deal with! I made Jason promise not to get me anything for my birthday,I got such a big anniversary gift plus i don't really feel as if i need anything so instead of buying me something he gave me the best present ever! The Wednesday before my birthday (which was on Friday) he threw me a surprise party, when I got home from work my best friends from High School were at the house. Girls came and went throughout the evening but it was SO SO fun to get to see all of these girls that I unfortunately don't get to see often enough. Then on my birthday I got flowers at work from my mom and dad (thanks!!) and the office bought me a birthday cake. I have gotten to celebrate my last two birthdays with my Pro Pac friends and it has been really fun. The next day was Saturday and since Jason had promised he wouldn't buy me anything he didn't, but kind of cheated because he took me
to get a massage and then to dinner (I am so spoiled!!) Then that Sunday Jason's Family came up to our house for dinner and we celebrated my birthday some more with yummy food and lots of laughs! The following day way Memorial day, we always have a big party up at my Grandma & Grandpa Smellie's house so off we went. But not before we had a delicious breakfast with Nicky & Patrick, and Brittney & Justin! At gma's and gpa's the family was as loud as ever (sometimes it reaches scary volumes!!) and lots of good food! (everywhere I go there is so much yummy food, and I wonder why my diet isn't working?? =)) and celebrated my birthday a little more with the whole family! Next came Wednesday and 27th, this evening we had dinner at my mom and dad's to again celebrate my birthday with them and my sisters and Trevor. ( I think that that was the last of my many birthday celebrations!!) Then on Friday (the 30th) we celebrate my nephew Jackson's Birthday! I cannot believe that he is 2!! (his b-day is actually on the 31st, but close enough!) (Side note:Jason and I started dating about one week before Jackson was born.) We had such a blast shopping for his birthday! We got him the best Tonka truck ever! It is a huge metal dump truck that he can fit in! Serious he opened and immediately sat in the bed of the truck it was hilarious. The truck was a huge hit, but possibly even bigger was the whole bag of smarties that we put in the back! ha ha his face was classic, best $1.25 ever spent!! The next day was Saturday the 31st and we had the wedding of one of Jason's best friend and cousin Jacob. It was great to get to celebrate the day with Jacob and Gabby and we are so happy for them! That evening we rushed home to catch a movie with Nicky & Patrick,we went and saw UP! in 3-D and I give it two-thumbs-up! We loved it!!
This weekend we have another wedding, my friend Monica from school so we are headed Friday evening to Henifer and then Saturday we have the Air Show! (also somewhere in the middle of all of this I finished my club volleyball season for the year, and one of my best friend's Katie El-Bakri got engaged! Yeah for the married club!) As you can see i am so blessed to have an awesome husband, family and friends that support me in so many ways!! Sorry for the SUPER SUPER long post but we have had so many wonderful things happen lately that they all needed to be shared!!
1 comment:
Wow, thats great that Pro Pac hired you back for the summer. I am kind of surprised since I heard they were still kind of slow. I thought about calling to see if they needed PT help, but then I decided just to take the summer off.
Post a Comment