Living so close to Vegas Jason & I often take advantage of this fun little weekend getaway! Last weekend one of our favorite families from Jason's mission the Deloach's came to Vegas for the NFR so we jumped on board and headed an just over an hour south for a day or two!! We love the Deloach family, we stay in contact with them somewhat frequently and love when they come to visit Utah! - We tried to get mad dash tickets so that we could join them at the Rodeo but they were all sold out that night so no NFR for us, but we did watch it on the big screen back at the hotel. Danny Deloach team roped and Kassidde did barrels so they are huge rodeo fans, Danny shoes horses still back in Florida. One of the boys that was roping this weekend actually used to live with them! - We had a lot of fun seeing Danny, Ginger, Kynlee, and Kassidde, so much so that the only picture I got was of the beautifully brilliant Kynlee. She is a serious genius (literally) she is four and started reading medical anatomy books for fun! (because who wouldn't want to spend their free time as a four year old doing that!?) She knows every bone in the body, she says her favorite is the parietal - who knows why she has chosen that one haha!
After the Deloach's left town Jason and I had fun wondering Vegas and just being together. With school and all this semester it has been kind of crazy! I love it when I just get to spend a couple minutes with Jason relaxing!
Then Jason surprised me with an early Christmas present! - It was THE BEST!!
Lion King has been in Vegas for a little while but it is leaving the end of the year. He knew that I REALLY wanted to go see it and surprised me with tickets! What a good husband I have!! Before the show we also got to go and see "The Reef" at Mandalay Bay. The tickets came free with our Lion King tickets so we figured we would give it a try. It was pretty cool!
Sting Rays - My "Best" friends!!
Parana's!
Jason out side of one of the tunnels that you could walk through - these were pretty cool to see all of the fish swimming around you!
Lizard friend.
Jason and I in one of the tunnels.
Lion Fish.
Jelly Fish
Jason petting the sting rays! - He thought that they were really cool!
Jason had to coax me into petting them. For those of you who don't know I have a slightly (massive) fear of sting rays, we have a not to pleasant past. I touched it though - Jason says that I have passed step one of my twelve step program.
Me and the Boy!!
Ha ha this is Jason goofing off in the gift shop at the end of the exhibit.
Then finally it was time for the main event! - the show was amazing!! I LOVED every minute, the costuming is absolutely mind blowing! - We had such a fun evening!!
Jason had to get a picture of me with our tickets!
Waiting for the shot to start.
After the show!
Thanks boy! The show was amazing! We had such a fun weekend and now are just getting more and more anxious for Christmas break!!

No comments:
Post a Comment