`

`

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Life is a constant adventure!

Today was one of those days that you walk into your house at the end of the day and realize that you are taking your first breath of the day.  Today was amazingly reassuring for the fact that I want to be a teacher but also a confirmation that it is one of the hardest jobs out there.
Things that I learned today:
- I can single handedly wrangle 36 - 6th graders on a bus.
- I can manage an unplanned fire drill with 25 - 6th graders that were not in my room when the alarm went off.
- I can put 64 - 6th graders on canoes in the middle of Benson marina and not have a single person fall in.

Teaching is rewarding, I love it, I know that it is what I want to do, but I have a feeling some of these kids are going to give me premature gray hairs.  I can't wait till I have my own classroom! Life is nuts!

3 comments:

Kallie said...

I am not a teacher, but I can totally relate. This year I am an aid in the functional skills unit. We only have 12 kids, but it is such a rewarding job.

Desi and Jess said...

Teaching is great! You will love it! This is my second year teaching and it is a lot easier than the first. You will make a great teacher!

sarah louise said...

It is much easier when you have your own classroom. I taught sixth grade and loved it! I think you will be an awesome teacher. Alec keeps asking why you are never in his class anymore?